OWNED OR CONTROLLED by Start Rides LLP OPERATING UNDER THE brand name “Start Rides”. takes responsibility for being transparent with our riders who are hiring bikes from us. We have mentioned below a comprehensive pricing list and its terms as per certain scenarios once you have created your reservation with us.
All server management and maintenance services shall be provided by startride and no additional charges will be levied for the same. No guarantee is given by us for the availability of the platform at all times. Startride will try to restore access to the platform and services on a best and commercially viable basis.
There is a fixed price structure for all the scenarios of renting a bike. They are –
Cancellation made more than 6hrs before the booking start time – Rs.200 will be charged
Cancellation made within 6hrs of booking start time: 50% of the booking fee will be charged
Cancellation made within 2hrs of booking start time: 75% of the booking fee will be charged
Cancellation made after booking start time: No Refund will be given
Please Note: Cancellation-related refunds will be credited to the original mode of payment within 7-10 working days.
The rescheduling of rented bikes done on or before the start time of the booking will be charged as per below –
Any modifications made more than 6hrs before the booking start time: Rs.50 will be charged
Any modifications made within 2-6hrs of booking start time: Rs.50 or 10% of the booking price (whichever higher) will be charged.
Any modification made within 1-2hrs of booking start time: Rs.100 or 20% of the booking price (whichever higher) will be charged
Infringes copyright, trademark, or any other proprietary rights. Violates any law for the time being in force. Threatens the unity and sovereignty of India or friendly relations with the other countries.
To extend the service of your bike rental here are the charges applicable as below –
Service extension before the start time: Rs.50 extra + the normal charges for the period of extended
Service extensions post the start time: Rs.250 + the normal charges for the period of extended
Please note: Service extension can be availed only if the vehicle is available further to be with you.
The service extension charges should be paid fully in either cash or with online payment mode to avail of the extended service booking successfully.
No refund will be provided in case you decide to reduce the days of the service.
The late return charges will be applicable as per the vehicle specifications as below –
Non-Geared Scooters: First 2 hours of delay would be charged at ₹100 + hourly rates
KTM : First 2 hours of delay would be charged at ₹300 + hourly rates
Royal Enfield: First 2 hours of delay would be charged at ₹250 + hourly rates
All Other Bikes: First 2 hours of delay would be charged at ₹200 + hourly rates
Please Note Post 2 Hours, subsequent hourly charges will be applicable on weekdays (Mon–Fri). On weekends (Sat-Sun) – the next 24-hour rental will be charged post 2 hours of late return.
There is certain km assigned and agreed upon to be consumed during the rental period of the bike. Once those are exhausted, the following charges are applicable as per the vehicle rented –
For KTM and Dominar: ₹4/km
For Royal Enfield and Honda CBR: ₹3/km
For all other vehicles: ₹2.5/km
All refunds shall be credited to the original payment mode within 7-10 working days
ONN Bikes reserves the right to charge a violation penalty on the rider
Weekend (Sat-Sun) rates may vary based on availability
For traveling interstate, customers are requested to apply for a temporary state permit which costs between – 20 to 100 depending upon the state. In case one doesn’t collect a permit, the vehicle is probable to be seized by any traffic police and must undergo the legal proceedings of that same district where the vehicle is caught. The entire expense and legal proceedings henceforth are to be borne by the customer and Start Rides Rental will be charging for the late return of the same as well.
The refunds for the repairs & maintenance done by customers on the vehicles shall be processed within 7-10 working days. The customer is required to share the valid bills with the Start Rides Rental team.
Traffic Parking Violation –
Full payment of fines + ₹500 per 30 days late in payment
No turning up to avail booking –
Bookings would be considered as canceled if after 2 hours of booking start time the customer still doesn’t show up to collect the booked bike on rent. No refunds will be applicable.
Over speeding = above the permissible speed limit –
The rider will be initially given two warnings, then charged at ₹ 200 for speeding 3rd time. Beyond 3rd warning, a Penalty of ₹500 will be charged (over and above any government fines that may have been levied)
Non-Geared Scooters: 75km/hour
KTM : 110km/hour
All Other vehicles: 90km/hour
Key or helmet not returned at the end of reservation –
Rs.800 for helmet
Rs.2500 for key
Vehicle Damages –
An insurance claim is only applicable in case the estimate is above INR 60,000/-
In case of the repair the customer must bear –
1. The amount which is not covered under an insurance claim
2. The rental amount for the number of days taken for repair
The entire claim amount must be paid by the customer upfront. Start Rides Rental will refund the amount claimed under insurance to the customer, as and when the claim process is completed.
Towing and Impounding –
No cost will be charged to the customer if caused by vehicle failure & full cost to be charged to the customer if caused by user negligence.
Unable to Provide Helmet –
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we avoid providing helmets to customers. We suggest customers bring their helmets
Start Rides Rental does not provide fuel. The tariff mentioned is exclusive of fuel. Start Rides Rental provides one-liter fuel while the delivery of the vehicle and expects the rider to return the same amount of fuel while returning the vehicle. In case there is excess fuel in the vehicle at the time of return, Start Rides Rental is not liable for any refunds for the same. In case there is a shortage of fuel in the vehicle, the fuel charges as applicable must be borne by the rider.
Operating hours –
All our hub stations are operational from 9 AM to 7 PM only. In case the rider fails to pickup/return the vehicle by station timings, the pickup/return will take place on the next day and the applicable charges will be levied on the rider. No pickup/return request will be entertained post station’s operating hours.
Any misconduct with the station executive by the rider under the influence of alcohol or otherwise will result in the cancellation of the booking. The rider will not be liable for any refunds in such a case.
Customer Care Support timing –
09:00 AM to 6:00 PM
In the case of the rider being found to be under the influence of alcohol during a booking, the rider will be held liable for 100% of the vehicle damage bill as per the invoice received from the vehicle repair workshop.
In the event of a puncture to the Vehicle’s tires during such time the Vehicle is in the customer’s possession (including change of tyre tube and similar), the customer shall be liable to repair the same, or pay the cost of repair to Start Rides Rental.
The rider will be liable for 100% of the entire vehicle damage bill if the vehicle repair workshop and/or insurance company deem the damage to be consequential in nature(this will be clearly stated in the accident report). Consequential damage occurs when the rider continues driving even after an external vehicle impact, thereby severely undermining the condition of the vehicle.
Payments by riders shall be made with his/her credit card, debit card, E-wallets, or cash. The rider is under obligation to ensure that the account from which the amounts are to be collected has sufficient funds or credit available to cover any charges. The rider is solely responsible for any associated bank or credit card charges or fees. A rider may be charged a processing fee for a declined credit or debit card payment.
In the event, the rider defaults on any payments, Start Rides Rental is entitled to charge reminder fees and default interest following the provisions of the law. In addition, Start Rides Rental may utilize third parties to collect amounts owed to Start Rides Rental by the rider.
With all fees mentioned above, Start Rides Rental reserves the right to prohibit a rider from making a subsequent reservation until all outstanding fees in the rider’s account have been paid in full. In the event a fee is incurred, riders will receive an invoice from Start Rides Rental that will have detailed payment instructions.
- The rider will be responsible for all towing and impounding charges associated with a collision.
- The rider will be responsible for all towing and impounding charges caused by rider failure.
- Start Rides Rental will be responsible for all towing and impounding charges caused by vehicle failure.
- The rider will be responsible for all towing and impounding charges caused by rider failure.
- The rider will be responsible for all applicable damages and costs, including those more than the applicable Damage Fee, arising from the rider’s failure to comply with the terms of the Agreement and/or a violation of the law.
- The Riders are responsible for paying all tolls at the time they are due.
- The operators and the passengers of the vehicle hired on rent (including the prototype vehicles) are owned and controlled by Start rides LLP under the brand name of Start Rides Rental. The operations of hiring the vehicle on rent will be carried out under Start Rides Rental’s brand name itself.
- The rider has been allowed to operate the ride or use one or more motorcycles owned and controlled by Start rides LLP. Operating under the Start Rides Rental, (Collectively, the ‘Company’, each such company-owned, or a controlled vehicle is referred to as a C.O.C.V)
- The rider must have a full understanding and acknowledgment of the operation or riding of a vehicle which is an activity that has its own unique, inherent risks and that can cause serious injuries or deaths. This could result in the operating or riding on a C.O.C.V through no faults of his own. The rider will be voluntarily choosing to operate or ride up C.O.C.V norms.
- By accepting the terms and conditions, the rider expressively agrees to the entire risk of an accident, property damage, or personal injuries including permanent disability, paralysis, or death. This is in regard to mishaps he/she might suffer because of him/her riding or operating the vehicle on C.O.C.V norms.
- Without limiting the foregoing, the rider assumes all the risks arising from the following: (i)The condition or safety of the C.O.C.V or any other vehicle, equipment, roadways, premises, or property, (ii) the repair or maintenance or lack of thereof condition of the C.O.C.V or any other vehicle or equipment,(iii)The use of or failure to use any specific safety device or safeguard armors,(iv) The conditions, qualifications, instructions, rules or procedures under which any C.O.C.V is used,(v)The violation by me or by the operators or passengers of any C.O.C.V user eligibility or program rules,(vi) any defective or unreasonably dangerous products, components or C.O.C.V,(vii) The weather condition during the ride of a C.O.C.V(viii) single or multi-vehicle accidents caused during the ride session.
- The rider acknowledges that some or all the C.O.C.V that are allowed to operate or ride upon or otherwise use may be prototypes or pre-production models of the vehicles. It is understood that the prototype and pre-production C.O.C.V are not manufactured for general consumer use and are not fully tested. Also, it is understood that the point is that there is an increased risk involved in operating or riding upon prototype or pre-production models of C.O.C.V, and the rider agrees to assume that risk.
- The rider at the time of booking and riding declares not to be under the influence of alcohol, drugs, other illegal substances, or any medications that may impair his/her judgment or ability to operate on C.O.C.V. The rider agrees that he/she will not operate or ride on any C.O.C.V while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, other illegal substances or any such medications.
- The rider agrees that he/she will not operate or ride upon any C.O.C.V. unless he/she has firstly examined and satisfied themselves with the norms of C.O.C.V. is in good operating condition, and that he/she fully understands how to operate and ride on that C.O.C.V.
- The rider agrees to operate or ride on each C.O.C.V. safely, defensively, and within the limits of the law and own abilities. The rider agrees to comply with all C.O.C.V. user eligibility and program rules to follow during the ride.
10.The rider also agrees to allow the company and their respective dealers to contact him/her at the address, telephone number, and e-mail address provided below and gather additional information about the C.O.C.V.s and additional information about other goods and services in which one may be interested.
- Waiver and release of liability
- The operators and the passengers of the vehicle hired on rent (including the prototype vehicles) are owned by Start rides LLP and controlled by Start Rides Rental. The operations of hiring the vehicle on rent will be carried out under Start Rides Rental’s brand name itself.
- The rider(Lessee) on behalf of all heirs, personal representatives, administrators, executors, successors and assigns (collectively, “Heirs and Assigns”), for and in considerations of the permission granted to him to operate, ride upon or otherwise use one or more motorcycles or other vehicles owned or controlled by Start rides LLP, operating under the Start Rides Rental brand (collectively, the “Company”; each such company owned or controlled vehicle is referred to herein as a `“C.O.C.V.”), and for other valuable considerations, the receipt and adequacy of which are hereby acknowledged, release, waive and forever discharge the Company and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, dealers, distributors and agents (collective, the “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, demands, rights and causes of action (Collectively, “Claims”) of any kind whatsoever that the rider or any of his heirs and assigns now have or later may have against any released party resulting from, connected with or arising out of my operation of riding on any C.O.C.V., regardless of whether such claims relate to the design, manufacture, repair, operation or maintenance of any C.O.C.V. or the conditions, rules, qualifications, instructions or procedures under which any C.O.C.V. is used, or any other cause or matter.
- The rider(Lessee) acknowledges and understands that this release extends to and releases to discharges any claims he/she or any Heirs and Assigns have or later may have against the Released Parties resulting from or arising out of my operation or of riding on C.O.C.V.s including without limitation all such Claims resulting from the negligence of any released party, or arising from strict product liability, or resulting from any breach of any express or implied warranty by any Released Party, and regardless of whether such Claims now exist or hereafter arise or are known or unknown, contingent or absolute, liquidated or unliquidated or foreseen or unforeseen, or arise by operation of law or otherwise.
- The rider (Lessee) acknowledges and understands that by agreeing to this Release he/she and his/her Heirs and Assigns agree not to use any or all of the Released Parties for any injury, death, or damage to myself, my property, any other person or such other person’s property resulting from or arising out of my operation of or riding on any C.O.C.V.s
- The rider(Lessee) acknowledges that he/she has been advised of and agree to waive on his/her behalf and behalf of his/her Heirs and Assigns, and fully understand the effect of such waiver, all benefits flowing from any state statute that would otherwise limit the scope of this release, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims which[a person] does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the released parties”.
- The rider confirms that this release is intended to be as inclusive as is permitted by law. The extent and the scope of this Release are unenforceable in any jurisdiction, said scope will, as to such jurisdiction only, be automatically limited to the extent necessary to make this Release enforceable in such jurisdiction, without invalidating any other person of this Release. The rider hereby waives any right to bargain for different release or waiver of liability terms.
- By agreeing to this release, the rider certifies that he/she has read this release and fully understand it and not relying on any statements or representations of any of the released parties and have been given the opportunity and sufficient time to read and ask questions regarding this release.
- Over speeding
The bikes must be ridden within permissible limits. The speed limit for each vehicle is different which will be specified at the time of booking. You must be under the speed limit specified by the company, or the speed limit specified by the governing authority, whichever is lesser.
- Prohibited Uses
- The use of a Lessor’s vehicle under the following conditions is prohibited:
- Our motorcycles cannot be used for rallies and rally surcharges or any format of professional or amateur competitions and media usage.
- In carrying out any crime or any other illegal activity.
- Use of Vehicle
- These motorcycles we rent are large, heavyweight, very powerful, and not appropriate for beginner or inexperienced riders.
- The lessee should have a valid driving license, be at least 18 years old, and must always wear a helmet while riding.
- Must have appropriate riding gear, i.e. Boots or closed-toe shoes, pants & eyewear. No flip-flops, sandals, or shorts.
- Only the lessee is permitted to drive the vehicle
- Lessee is responsible for his insurance; Lessor will not be responsible for any accidental expenses of Rider.
- The lessee shall use the bike entirely at his/her own risk and agrees that the lessor will not accept any responsibility or be held accountable for any loss, injury, or death because of, or leading from the hire of any of the vehicles.
- The bike shall be returned to the lessor in the same condition in which it was handed over to the lessee.
- In case the vehicle returned is found excessively dirty/muddy, the lessee will have to bear the charge of washing not exceeding 200 Rupees.
- Rental package does not include Fuel, Toll, roadside assistance and Taxes
- Lessee is responsible for any traffic violations incurred due to your use of a rented vehicle. Lessor is not liable for any costs from any such violation.
- You must report such violations to a Lessor’s Representative as soon as possible.
- Towing service will be borne by the customer in case of the unlikely event of tire puncture or collision or breakdown due to improper usage. In the event of mechanical or technical failure, we will take care of towing the bike at our own cost
- All our bikes have GPS tracking devices; we recommend that you follow speed guidelines – our team gets automated updates on the bikes that exceed speed limits.